|SAP (system applications and
products in data processing), is a package which allows more:
2. Customized solutions to suit your business.
3. Highly integrated with other modules.
4. Industry specific modules with a deep insight.
5. Continuous support.
The major advantages of sap erp, is the HIGHLY INTEGRATION WITH OTHER MODULES OF BUSINESS, which is not there in other SOFT WARES.
In other software, you need to have different software's for different module.
e.g. BAAN, ORACLE MANUFACTURING, etc.
There, integration becomes the issue, not all software
support some integration's except for SAP, so SAP is clear WINNER .
Further Advantages Of SAP ERP
1. Reduction in sales order processing costs.
2. Reduced time to calculate selling price.
3. Increased Cash Flow (one-time event).
a. Savings result due to access to real-time transaction information by all authorized users (visibility),
b. Reduced request-to-quote time.
c. Reduced order-to-delivery time.
d. Reduced delivery-to-invoice time.
4. Reducing the number of days sales outstanding (DSO) by freeing-up capital (I.e., reduced working capital; free cash flow).
a. Reduce the amount of borrowed funds required.
b. Increase investment potential.
c. Reduction (of DSO) achieved through faster order-to-cash time.
d. Accurate & timely information leads to reduced reconciliation's and better management of the billing process leading to quicker payment and a reduction in accounts receivable (DSO), number of disputes per order.
5. Increased revenues due to less stock outages (reduction in lost sales).
a. Reduced loss of revenue due to items being out-of-stock.
b. Fewer stock outages occur because there are more reliable materials buying processes/procedures in place.
c. Increases customer satisfaction due to the higher availability of products.
6. Reduction in distribution costs.
7. Reduction in freight costs.
Additional Advantages Of SAP ERP
1. Vast array of modules, with huge spectrum of functionalities which ARE NOT PROVIDED by other ERP applications.
2. Specific functionalities which are core competencies of SAP while they are not available in other ERP applications, makes it an obvious choice for some specific industries. E.g. Variant configuration and Automobile industry.
3. SAP knowing the demand for special processes for each industry has come up with industry specific solutions which are unheard of from other applications.
4. Not only on the functionality side, but also on the system architecture and landscape SAP is innovating day by day from R2 to R3 to ECC to SOA, to adopt to the business needs, thus adding immense value to the customers.
5. SAP also gets complimented by most ubiquitous office applications of MS namely MSWord.
6. Also SAP's market share gives some certainty of business and hence it is much better than any other smaller ERP applications in terms of career prospects.
Owing to all these advantages of sap erp which are not prevalent in other applications, SAP will obviously become the hot choice for every client who is willing to have a robust and efficient system.
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.