1) The Java interpreter is used for the execution of the source code.
2) On successful compilation a file with the class extension is created.
3) The Java source code can be created in a Notepad editor.
4) The Java Program is enclosed in a class definition.
5) What declarations are required for every Java application?
Ans: A class and the main( ) method declarations.
6) What are the two parts in executing a Java program and their purposes?
Ans: Two parts in executing a Java program are:
Java Compiler and Java Interpreter.
The Java Compiler is used for compilation and the Java Interpreter is used for execution of the application.
7) What are the three OOPs principles and define them?
Ans : Encapsulation, Inheritance and Polymorphism are the three OOPs
Is the Mechanism that binds together code and the data it manipulates, and keeps both safe from outside interference and misuse.
Is the process by which one object acquires the properties of another object.
Is a feature that allows one interface to be used for a general class of actions.
8) What is a compilation unit?
Ans : Java source code file.
9) What output is displayed as the result of executing the following statement?
System.out.println("// Looks like a comment.");
10) In order for a source code file, containing the public class Test, to successfully compile, which of the following must be true?
11) What are identifiers and what is naming convention?
Ans : Identifiers are used for class names, method names and variable names. An identifier may be any descriptive sequence of upper case & lower case letters,numbers or underscore or dollar sign and must not begin with numbers.
12) What is the return type of program’s main( ) method?
Ans : void
13) What is the argument type of program’s main( ) method?
Ans : string array.
14) Which characters are as first characters of an identifier?
Ans : A – Z, a – z, _ ,$
15) What are different comments?
Ans : 1) // -- single line comment
2) /* --
*/ multiple line comment
3) /** --
16) What is the difference between constructor method and method?
Ans : Bin contains all tools such as javac, applet viewer, awt tool etc., whereas Lib
contains all packages and variables.
Have a Java Problems
Do you have a Java Question?
Java Certification, Programming, JavaBean and Object Oriented Reference Books
Return to : Java Programming Hints and Tips
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.
All product names are trademarks of their respective companies.
The site www.erpgreat.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by any company listed at this site.
Every effort is made to ensure the content integrity. Information used on this site is at your own risk.
The content on this site may not be reproduced or redistributed without the express written permission of
www.erpgreat.com or the content authors.