Adding Views in Material Master
I am trying to add views using MM02. It is showing me just
3 views ...BASIC DATA1, BASIC DATA2 & CLASSIFICATION..... I want
to add other views but am not able to do it.
There are 2 ways to add views to the existing material master:
1. Go to mm01
- Enter the material for which you want to add the
- Then you enter the same material in copy from
- Then you may find all the view
- Then select the views you want to add and make
entries in the same view and save it
All this is done in mm01.
You can mass extend views for a material in tcode
Select the maintenance status as V for e.g. if you
want to add views of sales. *-- Chirag
2. If the default setting is done in the material of the material type
then you may not find the new views in mm01
If that is the case, then you go to spro >>
log general >> mat master >> basic sett >> material types >>
define attributes of materisl types.
- Select material type of the material in which
you want to make the change
- Double click on the same, then on right hand side,
you will find user parameters under which you will find the views
- Select the view you want and save your settings
- Then go to mm01 and do the way it is mentioned
in the first step.
*-- Praveen Garg
Download this Material Type documents for the step by step guide
on Step 2:
the SAP Material Master Material Type
Why we are maintaining 4 views for mrp? What
is the reason behind that?
The 4 MRP views that we maintain has got its individual
importance like in
- MRP1 - For for consumption based planning
- MRP2 - Procurement type (inhouse or external)
- MRP3 - For Planning strategy & consumption
- MRP4 - For repetitive mfg.
It is not mandatory to maintain all MRP views.
It depends upon your company profile. *--
Get help for your SAP MM problems
Do you have a SAP MM Question?
SAP MM Books
SAP Material Management
Certification, Interview Questions and Configuration Reference Books
SAP Material Management Tips
SAP MM Configuration Tips and
Materials Management Discussion Forum
SAP Basis, ABAP Programming and Other IMG Stuff
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.
All product names are trademarks of their respective
companies. The site www.erpgreat.com is in no way affiliated with
Every effort is made to ensure the content integrity.
Information used on this site is at your own risk.
The content on this site may not be reproduced
or redistributed without the express written permission of
www.erpgreat.com or the content authors.