|How to define a new View/Screen
for Material Master transaction?
Here are the steps, please read carefully:
To Create a Customized Tab View for Material Master Creation.
1. Suppose if you want to add your own view with your own Z Fields or the Standard Fields from different tables. Get the Z Fields created in the Respective Table.
2. Then execute SPRO. Select the following path. In SPRO -> IMG Activity -> Logistics General -> Material Master -> Configuring Material Master -> Create a program for sub screen. Then Enter the Function Group name and save in to a development class say Z_TEST. Then execute SE80 transaction. Select Function
Group MGD1. If you are adding Fields in MARC then search for suitable screen, which contains MARC Fields. Like That Based on the table fields you are using select the sub screens numbers. Then Copy each selected subscreens in to the above created function group Z_TEST. Then Enter the Z_TEST in the function group and enter. Then click on refresh button. Now add your own fields in the copied screens. Don't remove the PBO and PAI Modules Existing in the sub screens.
In PAI Logic remove the existing fields and put the FIELD Statement for each field added to that sub screen. The field statements needs to be placed between GET_DATEN_SUB and SET_DATEN_SUB. If any validations have to be made for the data entered in the fields write those modules in between above modules. In the same way if you want to make any validations in the PBO logic then write your own modules in between the GET_DATEN_SUB and SET_DATEN_SUB of PBO Logic. Then create all the screens required and activate it.
Now under this point all are required to be done very carefully. All are IMG Settings.
2. In SPRO -> IMG-> Logistics General -> Material Master -> Configuring Material Master -> Define Structure of Data Screens for Each Screen Sequence
3. Select the Industry Sector Used by the client.
4. Then Double Click on the Data Screens.
5. Then Select the Screen sequence such a way that whatever the sub screen you copied from MGD1 to your view from the standard view and make a copy of it and change the names and screen sequence and names in it. To change the Maintenance Status you will need the help of your functional consultant who will specify the letters meant for the new view, this is very important.
6. For Example If you copy the subscreen from the Plant/Storage View then Select that view and make a copy of it and do necessary changes.
7. Then Select the above-created Data Screen and double click on Subscreens.
8. Then enter the screen sequence number, your function group name (Z_TEST) and the screen numbers as per your requirement.
9. Then Save it and come back.
10. Then select IMG Activity -> Implementation Guide for R/3 Customizing
(IMG) -> Logistics General -> Material Master ->
11. Then check that the industry sector assigned there is that of you added the data screens. Then Check by executing MM01, MM02, MM03 Transactions.
Some Times the Display of the fields created in your customized screens is to be based on the material type entered while creating the material. Then you have to do the following steps after finishing the first requirement steps.
1. IMG Activity -> Implementation Guide for R/3 Customizing (IMG) -> Logistics General -> Material Master -> Field Selection -> Assign Fields to Field Selection Groups. See also; Controlling the Fields in Material Master
2. Then click on New Entries.
3. Here you group your customized screen fields accordingly as per the material type. And assign them the same selection group. For selection group number you can use (200 to 299).
4. Then for each field give the Maintenance status as you given for that Data Screen in the First Requirement.
5. Then save it and come back.
6. Then go to this step. IMG Activity -> Implementation Guide for R/3 Customizing (IMG) -> Logistics General -> Material Master -> Field Selection -> Maintain Field Selection for Data Screens
7. Check for the corresponding material type and then give the above selection group and in that select the different options as Hide, Optional, and Display according your requirement.
8. Then Check by executing the transactions MM01, MM02, MM03.
Get help for your SAP MM problems
SAP Material Management Books
SAP Materials Management Tips
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.