|For creating a vendor master record, you have
to specify an account group.
Via the account group you determine:
- The interval for the account numbers.
- Whether the number is assigned internally by the system or externally by the user (type of number assignment).
- Whether it is a one-time account.
- Which fields are ready for input or must be filled when creating and changing master records (field status).
- Which partner functions are valid.
- Whether the business partner is a one-time customer or one-time vendor.
In the one-time accounts you want to suppress the address, communication and bank detail fields. These fields are part of the general data and so you set the field status in the general data section. Define the reconciliation account as a required field since this is a required entry for one-time accounts as well. The field is company code-dependent so you define the status for this field in the company data section.
With the account groups, you group accounts together according to the criteria mentioned above, for example, one-time accounts. You determine the account number interval and the type of number assignment by using number ranges.
Suppose you have two vendors, one as international vendor:
Two domestic vendor:
Now in case of international vendor, you need to have incoterm field mandatory but the same field should be optional for domestic vendor.
So as to achieve this requirement, we create vendor account group and in that we make the fields mandatory or optional.
As the field status of same field is account group specific, so you can have same field mandatory but same field as optional for different account group.
Get help for your SAP MM problems
SAP Material Management Tips
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.