|What is the significance of the flag info update on material
data tab of the purchase order? What does it update in the purchase info
record? What fields? Does it update only General data of the purchase info
record or plant specific purchase organisation data and condition types?
We have two options:
1. Create info record manually.
2. System generates the info record.
In second case, when we give the tick in the check box of info update, system generates the info record when we save the PO.
1. General data-Order unit & conversion of base unit of measure & order unit.
2. Pur.Org. data-Pur.group, tax code, latest PO number & its date, PO text maintained in material master.
Uses of Info record update tick
Determines whether the prices and conditions of this purchase order are suggested in future PO items.
Selecting Info Update causes one of the following situations to occur:
- If just one info record (with or without plant) exists, it is updated.
- If no info record exists and "plant condition requirement" was specified in Customizing, an info record with plant is created Otherwise, an info record without plant is created.
- If two info records exist (that is, one info record with plant and one without plant) the info record with plant is updated.
Info Record Condition tab
If you flag the Info update indicator in the PO the info record gets created, but with no conditions tab.
Conditions tab is created only when you create an info record manually.
Only the conditions keep getting updated in order price history table, which retrieves the PO price when you create a PO.
If you tick the info update in PO, the Info record is created for the Conditions you have specified in trxn OMF0
Spro -> MM -> Purchasing -> Conditions -> Define Condition Control at Plant Level
Get help for your SAP MM problems
SAP Material Management Tips
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.