How to rename the database?
By V.Chandra Mohan
Follow these steps to rename a database:
1. Start by making a full database backup of your database (in case you need to restore if this procedure is not working).
2. Execute this command from sqlplus while connected to 'SYS AS SYSDBA':
ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE RESETLOGS;
3. Locate the latest dump file in your USER_DUMP_DEST directory (show parameter USER_DUMP_DEST) - rename it to something like dbrename.sql.
4. Edit dbrename.sql, remove all headers and comments, and change the database's name. Also change "CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE ..." to "CREATE CONTROLFILE SET ...".
5. Shutdown the database (use SHUTDOWN NORMAL or IMMEDIATE, don't ABORT!) and run dbrename.sql.
6. Rename the database's global name:
ALTER DATABASE RENAME GLOBAL_NAME TO new_db_name;
Have a Oracle Question
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.