|How can I link the
contact persons in the customer master to the Partner function CP?
I need to maintained multiple contact persons which can be then be chosen
at the SO level.
Firstly, do the partner determination for contact persons in VOPA, maintain contact persons (CP) as partners and assign them to the account group.
Then, define the contact person using transaction code (XD01) and choose the account group for contact persons. After you have defined the contact person and the system has generated a number for the contact person, Go to (XD02) and enter the customer number to which you would like to assign the contact person. Go to the Partner function tab page and enter the Partner function CP and the number for the contact person that was generated when you defined the contact person.
Points to note:
The contact persons are maintained in standard SAP under partner function CP and are defined under partner type AP.
In the customer master if you wish to include contact persons, you need to create some contact persons first. You can do that by using t code VAP1 and specifying the customer for whom this contact person is required.
After this, if you go to the master data of the customer, in the contact person tab, you will find this contact person if you scroll down.
When you create a sales order for this customer, in the partners tab, this contact person will also be reflected.
(1) Go to: Sales and Distribution -> Basic Functions -> Partner Determination -> Set Up Partner Determination -> Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master -> Partner Functions
Check whether the CP partner function exists or not. "CP" is SAP standard delivered Partner Function and must be there.
(2) Go to: Sales and Distribution -> Basic Functions -> Partner Determination -> Set Up Partner Determination -> Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master -> Partner Determination Procedures
Check whether this partner function is included in your Customer Master Partner Determination Procedure for Sold-To Party or whatever account group you want.
(3) Now go to your Customer Master Record and create a Contact Person Record and save it.
(4) Then go to Customer Master Record -> Sales Area Data -> Partner Functions tab and select the drop down list on Partner Function to enter CP and select the drop down list for Customer Number and press enter then it should list your Contact Person Number then select it and save it.
(5) To flow this CP into Sales Order Make sure that the Sales Document Header Partner Determination Procedure has this partner function included.
Follow this path: Go to: Sales and Distribution -> Basic Functions -> Partner Determination -> Set Up Partner Determination -> Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header -> Partner Determination Procedures
Get help for your SAP SD problems
SAP Sales and Distribution Books
SAP Sales and Distribution Tips
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.