Content Author : Prbabu
Feel free to contribute to those questions without answers or add-in additional tips for those answers which you think can be further improve by Submitting a ABAP Tips or ABAP Programs.
1. What is the typical structure of an ABAP/4 program?
2. What are field symbols and field groups.?
Field groups :-
Can any body explain me what is field group?
Field groups are groups similar fields together into one name. Field group works in conjuction with
INSERT f1 f2 INTO fg
INSERT f1 f2 INTO fg
The insert statement is used to create a field group dynamically by inserting the field into it. Only global data fields can be inserted and not local data fields eg : in form modules.
This will combine all the fields in the fieldgroup and write them to a sequential dataset as a single record.
SORT BY fg
Sorting of sequential dataset by field group.
LOOP AND ENDLOOP
3. What should be the approach for writing a BDC program?
4. What is a batch input session?
5. What is the alternative to batch input session?
6. A situation: An ABAP program creates a batch input session.
8. What are the problems in processing batch input sessions?
10. What are the different types of data dictionary objects?
|11. How many types of tables exists and what are they in data dictionary?
4 types of tables
i)Transparent tables - Exists with the same structure both in dictionary as well as in database exactly with the same data and fields. Both Opensql and Nativesql can be used.
ii)Pool tables & iii)Cluster tables -
iv)Internal tables - .
12. What is the step by step process to create a table in data dictionary?
13. Can a transparent table exist in data dictionary but not in the
data base physically?
14. What are the domains and data elements?
15. Can you create a table with fields not referring to data elements?
16. What is the advantage of structures? How do you use them in the
17. What does an extract statement do in the ABAP program?
When the first EXTRACT statement occurs in a program, the system creates the extract dataset and adds the first extract record to it. In each subsequent EXTRACT statement, the new extract record is added to the dataset
When you extract the data, the record is filled with the current values of the corresponding fields.
As soon as the system has processed the first EXTRACT statement for a field group <fg>, the structure of the corresponding extract record in the extract dataset is fixed. You can no longer insert new fields into the field groups <fg> and HEADER. If you try to modify one of the field groups afterwards and use it in another EXTRACT statement, a runtime error occurs.
By processing EXTRACT statements several times using different field groups, you fill the extract dataset with records of different length and structure. Since you can modify field groups dynamically up to their first usage in an EXTRACT statement, extract datasets provide the advantage that you need not determine the structure at the beginning of the program.
18. What is a collect statement? How is it different from append?
19. What is open sql vs native sql?
20. What does an EXEC SQL stmt do in ABAP? What is the disadvantage
of using it?
21. What is the meaning of ABAP/4 editor integrated with ABAP/4 data
22. What are the events in ABAP/4 language?
23. What is an interactive report?
24. What is a drill down report?
25. How do you write a function module in SAP? describe.
26. What are the exceptions in function module?
27. What is a function group?
28. How are the date and time field values stored in SAP?
30. Name a few data dictionary objects? //rep//
31. What happens when a table is activated in DD?
32. What is a check table and what is a value table?
33. What are match codes? describe?
34. What transactions do you use for data analysis?
35. What is table maintenance generator?
36. What are ranges? What are number ranges?
37. What are select options and what is the diff from parameters?
SELECT-OPTIONS declares an internal table which is automatically filled
with values or ranges
SELECT-OPTIONS <SEL> FOR <field>.
A selection table is an internal table with fields SIGN, OPTION, LOW
For each PARAMETERS or SELECT-OPTIONS statement you should define text
elements by choosing
Eg:- Parameters name(30).
38. How do you validate the selection criteria of a report?
39. What are selection texts?
40. What is CTS and what do you know about it?
The Change and Transport System (CTS) is a tool that helps you to organize
development projects in the ABAP Workbench and in Customizing, and then
transport the changes between the SAP Systems and clients in your system
41. When a program is created and need to be transported to prodn
does selection texts always go with it? if not how do you make sure? Can
you change the CTS entries? How do you do it?
42. What is the client concept in SAP? What is the meaning of client
43. Are programs client dependent?
44. Name a few system global variables you can use in ABAP programs?
45. What are internal tables? How do you get the number of lines
in an internal table?
46. How do you take care of performance issues in your ABAP programs?
Some measures that can be taken are:
- Use views defined in the ABAP/4 DDIC (also has the advantage
of better reusability).
ii)field symbols and field groups.
Field groups : A field group combines several fields under one
name.At runtime,the INSERT command is used to define which data fields
are assigned to which field group.
47. What are datasets?
48. How to find the return code of a statement in ABAP programs?
49. What are interface/conversion programs in SAP?
50. Have you used SAP supplied programs to load master data?
51 to 108 Questions
More ABAP Q & A
Get help for your ABAP problems
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.